Primary Care Scholarship Program
Congratulations to our 2020 AHEC Summer Research Scholars on the delivery of their capstone presentations!
- Malcolm Meredith, M2
The Deficit of Black Men in the US Healthcare System
- William Gatenby, M2
A Descriptive Analysis of Depression and Cardiovascular Disease in Emergency Department Visits
- Matthew Lamberti, M2
Racism as a Public Health Crisis
- Ambika Paulson, M2
Behavioral Health Capacity of MedStar Health System
- Emily Krisanda, M2
Health Promotion for Families Worldwide
- Whitney Peterson, M2
Follow-Up Treatment for Depression in HIV Positive Patients at Whitman Walker Health Center
Congratulations to 2019-2020 AHEC Tuition Scholarship Recipients!
Jorge Flautero Arcos, Allison Doyle, Tara Filsuf, Erica Meninno, Jhenya Nahreini, Jack Pollack, Griselda Potka & Elizabeth Wetterer
1. Primary Care Leadership Tuition Scholarship (up to $15,000)
- 4th year medical students who have demonstrated a commitment to primary care and/or have had clinical experiences at an AHEC partner/underserved site are eligible to be considered for our tuition scholarship award.
- Students MUST match into a primary care specialty on match day in order to receive this award.
2. GUSOM NHS Primary Care Scholar Award ($1,000)
- Clinical experience in Primary Care rotations in Family Medicine, Pediatrics, and Internal Medicine at underserved partner sites.
3. Primary Care Leadership Summer Research Scholars ($4,800)
- MedStar Summer Research Symposium
- AHRQ Practice-Based Research Network Annual Conference
- HRSA Health Careers Symposium
- AAFP National Conference for Residents and Students, Kansas City, MO
- Clinical Shadowing at AHEC (underserved site)
- GEP, ARCHES, GSP Mentor