Welcome to the Georgetown University Department of Family Medicine. Our department is comprised of a diverse group of faculty and staff working on a wide variety of teaching, research, primary care, and direct service programs in and around Washington, D.C. The Department is deeply committed to the Jesuit ideal of cura personalis, or “care of the whole person. Our vision is “Community Health, One Family at a Time”. To learn about our mission, goals and different programs, please explore the menu above.
Welcome to our new 2019 MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital Center Family Medicine Intern Class:
- Larissa Assam – State University of New York Upstate Medical University
- Emili Delp – Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Rebecca Fujimura – Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Melat Gebremichael – State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine
- Kenneth Jackson – Howard University College of Medicine
- Iyesha Robinson – University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Grace Walter – Western Michigan University Homer Stryker MD School of Medicine
Congratulations to 2019 GUSOM Family Medicine Matchees!
- Justine Achille – Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME
- Meneena Bright – Chestnut Hill Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Johan Clarke – Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles, CA
- Elizabeth (Beth) Conlon – Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton (US NAVY), Oceanside, CA
- Jeannie Folan – Poudre Valley Hospital, Ft. Collins, CO
- Monica Gupta – Hospital of the University of PA, Philadelphia, PA
- Aziyade (ZIya) Knippenberg – Participating in the UK Match
- Katherine Wikholm – Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education, Rochester, MN
MedStar Health at Spring Valley is a joint venture between Georgetown University and MedStar Health and the Department of Family Medicine’s clinical presence in Washington, D.C. It is located at 4910 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 115, and hours are: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays.