Welcome to the Georgetown University Department of Family Medicine. Our department is comprised of a diverse group of faculty and staff working on a wide variety of teaching, research, primary care, and direct service programs in the Washington, DC area. The Department is deeply committed to the Jesuit ideal of cura personalis, or “care of the whole person. Our vision is “Community Health, One Family at a Time”. To learn about our mission, goals and different programs, please explore the menu above.
Michelle A. Roett, MD, MPH, FAAFP, CPE
Professor and Chair, Family Medicine Department
Congratulations to 2022:
MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital Center Family Medicine Intern Class!
& GUSOM Family Medicine Matchees!
- Gabriela Avalos – Spartanburg Regional Healthcare, Spartanburg, SC
- Katelyn Berg – Naval Hospital Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
- Meigan Bryant – HCA Healthcare/TriStar Southern Hills, Nashville, TN
- Beelet Dawood – Stanford Health Care, San Jose, CA
- Ian Downin – Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- Trenten Fenster – University of Nevada Reno, School of Medicine, Reno, NV
- Meghan O’Leary-Kelly – St. Joseph Hospital SCL Health, Denver, CO
- Margaret Paules – Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
MedStar Medical Group Family Medicine at Fort Lincoln. Fort Lincoln is the location for the MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital Center Family Medicine Residency Program. Fort Lincoln is a joint venture between MedStar GME Consortium, MedStar Medical Group, and the Department of Family Medicine’s clinical presence in Washington, D.C. It is located at 4151 Bladensburg Rd, Colmar Manor, MD, and hours are: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
MedStar Health at Spring Valley is a joint venture between Georgetown University and MedStar Health and the Department of Family Medicine’s clinical presence in Washington, D.C. It is located at 4910 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 115, and hours are: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays.