Welcome to the Georgetown University Department of Family Medicine. Our department is comprised of a diverse group of faculty and staff working on a wide variety of teaching, research, primary care, and direct service programs in the Washington, DC area. The Department is deeply committed to the Jesuit ideal of cura personalis, or “care of the whole person. Our vision is “Community Health, One Family at a Time”. To learn about our mission, goals and different programs, please explore the menu above.
Michelle A. Roett, MD, MPH, FAAFP, CPE
Professor and Chair, Family Medicine Department
Congratulations to 2021 MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital Center Family Medicine Intern Class!
- Caleb Beachy – Ohio University Heritage College Of Osteopathic Medicine
- Angelica Ehioba – Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
- Naveed Khosraviani – AT. Still Univ of Health Sciences School Of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona
- Diana Rubio – University of Minnesota Medical School
Congratulations to 2021 GUSOM Family Medicine Matchees!
- Anudeep Alberts – UPMC Altoona Hospital, Altoona, PA
- Brendan Crow – Mountain AHEC, Asheville, NC
- Stephanie Furlong – Wellspan Health York Hospital, York, PA
- Lorrane Kabert – MedStar Franklin Square Med Ctr, Baltimore, MD
- Stephen Kane – MedStar Franklin Square Med Ctr, Baltimore, MD
- Sydney Karnovsky – Boston Univ Med Ctr, Boston, MA
- Hei Jun Li – Riverside University Health Sys, Moreno Valley, CA
- Callie Takahashi – Kaiser Permanente, Seattle, WA
- Stephanie Janae Van Buren – UCLA Med Ctr, Los Angeles, CA
- Tyrone Wizzard – Kaiser Permanente, Vallejo, CA
- Kellie Wo – University of Hawaii, Aiea, HI
MedStar Medical Group Family Medicine at Fort Lincoln. Fort Lincoln is the location for the MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital Center Family Medicine Residency Program. Fort Lincoln is a joint venture between MedStar GME Consortium, MedStar Medical Group, and the Department of Family Medicine’s clinical presence in Washington, D.C. It is located at 4151 Bladensburg Rd, Colmar Manor, MD, and hours are: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
MedStar Health at Spring Valley is a joint venture between Georgetown University and MedStar Health and the Department of Family Medicine’s clinical presence in Washington, D.C. It is located at 4910 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 115, and hours are: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays.