Primary Care Mentorship Program
Our Primary Care Mentorship Program is an innovative venue for collaboration and mentorship on Leadership training, Primary Care Research, Community-Based Learning, and Clinical Shadowing.
The DC AHEC Primary Care Mentorship Program is now accepting applications for its 2023 cohort! Apply now:
Apply now to our INAUGURAL mentorship program for APRN students at GU School of Nursing!
The District of Columbia Area Health Education Center (AHEC) hosted by the Georgetown University Medical Center offers the Primary Care Mentorship (PCM) and pathway programs for:
- High school students – Gateway Education Program (GEP)
- College students – Academy for Research, Clinical, and Health Equity Scholarship (ARCHES) or Cultivating Opportunity Realizing Excellence (CORE)
- Post-baccalaureate students – Georgetown Experimental Medical Studies (GEMS), in partnership with GUSOM Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Medical Students (M1-M3)
Mentorship opportunities for medical students, GEMS, GEP, ARCHES, and CORE students offer:
- Leadership training (all Mentors: M3/M4, Resident, Fellow, Faculty)
- Monthly mentorship check-ins (all Mentor and Mentee cohorts)
- Summer activities (all Mentor and Mentee cohorts)
- Summer Health Disparities Research program (GEP, ARCHES)
- Clinical shadowing opportunities in primary care (GEP, ARCHES)
- Quarterly events (all Mentor and Mentee cohorts)