The Department of Family Medicine Grand Rounds are normally held the first Thursday of each month at 8AM in the Warwick Evans Conference Room, Building D at Georgetown University Medical Center.
Watch Recent Grand Rounds Lectures
- April 7, 2016. Paul E. Jarris, MD, MBA, Senior Vice President, Maternal and Child Health Program Impact and Deputy Medical Officer at the March of Dimes. "Improving Preterm Birth and Health Equity."
- March 3, 2016. Winston Liaw, MD, MPH, Medical Director at the Robert Graham Center and an Assistant Professor in Family Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). "Relationship building in an era of data, tech, and innovation."
- January 7, 2016. Peggy Weissinger, EdD, MBA, Director of GUMC Teaching Academy for the Health Sciences, Associate Director of the Center for Innovation and Leadership in Education (CENTILE). "CENTILE - A Resource Ready to Serve You!"
- December 3, 2015. Charles Christianson, MD, ScM, University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences. "Breaking the Mold: Advances in Undergraduate Medical Education."
- November 5, 2015. David Meyers, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). "Adventures in Evidence: An Update on the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality"
- October 1, 2015, Mark S. Johnson, MD, MPH, Professor, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Howard University. "Health Disparities and Primary Care Research"
- September 10, 2015,Rebecca Etz, PhD, Associate Professor, Dept of Family Medicine and Population Health, Virginia Commonwealth University, "Exploring Primary Care Innovations: From Workforce to Measures"
Jesse L. Goodman, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, Georgetown University Medical Center, Director of Center on Medical Product Access, Safety and Stewardship (COMPASS). "Antibiotic Resistance and Public Health: A Need for a Radical Sea Change"
Michael Stoto, PhD, Professor of Health Systems Administration and Population Health, Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health Studies, "A Tale of Two Cities: Ebola in Dallas, New York, and the Lessons for Public Health Emergency Preparedness"
Douglas Kamerow, MD, Professor of Clinical Family Medicine, Georgetown University & Senior Scholar in Residence, Robert Graham Center for Primary Care Policy Studies. "E-Cigarettes: Public Health Bane or Boom?."
- Gregg Bloche, MD, JD, Co-Director, Georgetown-Johns Hopkins Joint Program in Law and Public Health. "Covert Cost: Control at the Bedside." (AUDIO only.)
- Laura Rosas, JD, MPH, Chief Privacy Officer at the Department of Health and Human Services. "Creating a Culture that Supports Privacy and Security."
- Bob Phillips, MD, Vice President of Research and Policy at the American Board of Family Medicine, "Medical Education Accountability: Producing the Workforce America Needs."
- Phil Galewitz of Kaiser Health News, "Medical Journalism."
- Adriane Fugh-Berman, MD, Georgetown University Departments of Pharmacology and Family Medicine, "Behind the Scenes, How Pharmaceutical Companies Manipulate Prescribing Practices."
- Douglas Vanzoeren, MD, of Kaiser Permanente. "Primary Care Practice in an Integrated System of Care."
- John Gimpel, DO, MEd, President and CEO, National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners
- Dr. Stephen Woolf, Virginia Commonwealth University Center on Human Needs. (AUDIO only)
- Arthur Seiji Hayashi, MD, MPH, "The Community Health Center Program."
- Kenny Lin, MD, MPH, "What to Do When Screening Guidelines Conflict: HIV and Mammography."
- Shannon Brownlee, MS, "Shared Decision Making and Perfecting Informed Consent."
- Kavita Patel, MD, MS, “The Role of Physicians in Health Reform 2.0.”
- Art Kellerman, MD, MPH, "Marcus Welby is Dead: Who Will Take His Place?"
- Robert Phillips, MD, MSPH, "Evidence about the Role of the Patient-Centered Medical Home and Accountable Care Organizations in Improving Quality and Safety
Grand Rounds Speaker Schedule
- September 2014: Will Shrank, MD, MSHS, Director Rapid Cycle Evaluation Group, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, Centers for Medicare and Medicad Services.
- August, 2014: No Grand Rounds this month
- July, 2014: No Grand Rounds this month
- June 6, 2014: Jesse M. Pines, MD, MBA, M.S.C.E., Director, Center for Health Care Quality and Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine and Health Policy at George Washington University.
- May 2, 2014: Joel Selanikio, MD, CEO & co-founder, DataDyne Group LLC
- April 4, 2014: Peggy Weissinger, EdD, Associate Dean for Assessment and Educational Scholarship, Georgetown University Medical Center.
- March 7, 2014: Mara Rabin, MD, Medical Director of Utah Health & Human Rights Project.
- February 7, 2014: Halley Faust, MD, MPH, MA, President, American College of Preventive Medicine.
- January 24, 2013: Sylvia Chou, PhD, MPH, Health Communications and Informatics Research Branch of the National Cancer Institute. "Health Communication and Cancer Control."
- December 6, 2013: Dan Hanfling, MD, Special Advisor to Inova Health Systems. "Emergency Preparedness."
- November 1, 2013: Amnon Lahad, MD, MPH of Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- October 4, 2013: Rosemary Sokas, MD, MOH, Chair, Department of Human Science at the Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health Studies. "Work and Health: Tales from the OSHA Files and More."
- September 13, 2013: Dan Merenstein, MD, Director of Research, Georgetown University Department of Family Medicine. "The How and Why of Conducting Research in Clinical Practice."