The DC AHEC Scholars Program recruits, trains, and retains health professions students for primary care careers in underserved settings.
Upon completion of the AHEC Scholars program, participants are awarded a certificate and earn recognition as distinguished AHEC scholars of a nationally-syndicated program.
Didactics and clinical experiences support the following six (6) Core Topics:
- Interprofessional Education
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Social Determinants of Health
- Cultural Competency
- Practice Transformation
- Current and Emerging Health Issues
The AHEC Scholars Program is open and available to students of the following institutions:
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Howard University School of Medicine
- George Washington University School of Medicine